Monday, February 16, 2009

Heaven is just a rumour I'll dispel

Those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years, the envious, never.
-The Libertine

Always learn poems by heart. They have to become the marrow in your bones. Like fluoride in the water, they'll make your soul impervious to the world's soft decay.
-Janet Fitch, White Oleander

Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life.
-Mary Manin Morrissey

You and I, we may look the same, but we are very far apart. There are bullet holes where my compassion used to be, and there is violence in my heart.
-NIN

Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Flunk a class or ace a test. Become a slut or be reborn a virgin. Get fit or get fat. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Live happily ever after or get divorced. Dance on tables or sit in the corner and be shy. It doesn't matter. Nobody’s actually watching. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. - Solbeam

I may forget you, but not forgive. -Natalie Merchant

I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
-American Psycho

She makes the depression business look surprisingly novel.
Paradise isn't lost, it was hiding all along.
There's the ones that you love,
The ones that love you,
The ones that make you come unglued.
-Marilyn Manson

No comments: