Sunday, February 22, 2009

Waiting for sedation to disconnect my head. -Elliott Smith

I keep collections of some of my favorite quotes.... so here is one collection of similar themes. Next post will be my favorite happy/love/nature quotes.

God is dead and no one cares
If there is a Hell, I'll see you there
-Heresy, NIN

Truth be told, I'm lying.
You wonder where it all went wrong...the list goes on and on.
-Gives You Hell, All American Rejects

Wickedness is a myth invented by good people to account for the curious attractiveness of others.
— Oscar Wilde

I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you're allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It's like killing yourself, and then you're reborn. I guess I've lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.
— Charles Bukowski

Lying's the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off. But it's better if you do.
-Closer

The blackest sea
And it runs deeper than you
Wave goodbye
To what you were
The rules have changed
The lines begin to blur
She makes you hard
It comes on strong
You finally found
The place where you belong
-With Teeth, NIN

Work is the disease of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

On the surface, all is calm.
-Swimming Pool

You can do what you want to, whenever you want to, though it doesn't mean a thing...Big nothing.
-Elliott Smith, Either/Or

I am so all-American, I'll sell you suicide.
I am totalitarian, I've got abortions in my eyes.
I hate the hater, I'd rape the raper.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
Let's just kill everyone and let your god sort them out.
-Irresponsible Hate Anthem, Marilyn Manson

Remember what you said
You know the part about life,
Is just a waking dream
Well I know what you mean
But that ain't how it seems right here, right now
How can this be real?
I can hardly feel
Anymore
-NIN

You're distant and cold, and a sight to behold... everybody just sighs. But no one gets off with you very long, cause you don't feel bad when you lie.
-Shooting Star, Elliott Smith

Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help.
-Robert A. Heinlein

First of all, whenever I hear anything described as a heartless assault on our children, I tend to think it’s a good idea. I’m happy that the president’s willing to do something bad for the kids.
-William Kristol, the editor of The Weekly Standard

Hatred, the mischievous delight in the misfortune of others, the lust to rob and dominate, and whatever else is called evil belongs to the most amazing economy of the preservation of the species.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

I am the voice inside your head
I am the hate you try to hide
I am the high you can't sustain
I am the need you have for more
I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am the silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams
And I control you
You let me do this to you.
-Nine Inch Nails

Listen carefully....... That's the sound of me not caring.
-Pretty Persuasion

So once again the way you feel will never ever stay the same and I'm to blame. I wonder just who made the rules up for this game. Well I guess I just don't understand about what you want and what you need. And I guess I just don't understand about how it has to be.
-Nine Inch Nails

I'm drunk, and right now I'm so in love with you. And I don't want to think too much about what we should or shouldn't do. My moral standing is lying down. This is the only time I really feel alive.
-The Only Time, NIN

Who's my next victim? You?
-Nola Rice, Match Point

If you want to lie with me
You're going to be a liar
-Marilyn Manson

But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
-American Psycho

Guilt is a rope that wears thin.
- Ayn Rand

All it amounts to is a tear in a salted sea
-10,000 Maniacs

No comments: